- The Preventive Maintenance Guide for Diesel Storage CRC 672 is a summary of the best practices detailed in the full report, Diesel Fuel Storage and Handling Guide CRC-667 2014-09
- EPA Diesel Underground Tank Storage Q&A 2016-07
- Diesel Tank Underground Storage Corrosion Risk 2016-07
- This abstract for Injector Deposits on Dieselnet.com is a good overview of the deposits that can form if a fuel is not additized.
- The DW-10C test, Internal Diesel Injector Deposit Test CEC F-110-16 (S), was selected by the TOP TIER™ diesel program to measure the effectiveness of approved additive packages to minimize/eliminate external coking formed on injectors.
- The DW-10B test, Direct Injection, Common Rail Diesel Engine Nozzle Coking Test CEC F-98-08 (S), was selected by the TOP TIER™ diesel program to measure the effectiveness of approved additive packages to minimize/eliminate deposits formed inside the fuel injector.
- The how and why of the TOP TIER™ Diesel performance standard is documented in SAE Paper 2019-01-0264 published on April 2, 2019. The paper outlines the combination of expertise contributed by truck, auto, and engine manufacturers along with others in the diesel supply chain over a two year time period, resulting in the TOP TIER™ Diesel performance standard. See the abstract and download the paper here: https://saemobilus.sae.org/content/2019-01-0264/#abstract
Retailers – learn how TOP TIER™ can increase your profits. NACS (National Association of Convenience Stores) research shows that the “frequent customers” to your C-store who actually buy your products cares more about fuel quality than those shoppers who rarely buy any of your products. For details see pages 8-9 of Three Insights on Frequent Convenience Store Customers.